Sunday 8 September 2013

Blue card

Good 'Sunday morning' to everyone, I hope that wherever you are the sun is shining and you are looking forward to doing something nice today. Our weather today is rather drab and it looks like the rain is on it's way.  
My Sunday is just a typical one, ironing my sons' work uniform, maybe tidy away some crafting things as at the moment I cannot find a single solitary thing!!!  First things first though, get this posting onto my blog.

I created this card using Spellbinders Shapeabilities Medallion One, I followed making this card with Christina Griffiths, from Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls.  She put this tutorial onto Card Making World, but Christina used Medallion Seven.  As I don't have Medallion Seven, I thought that I would try it out with Medallion One.  I must admit I was quite pleased with how it turned out.

I used a 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 card (odd size I know, but this was a set of blank cards that I got from one of the craft fairs that I went to).  I cut out a smaller piece of pearlescent card to act as a layer for the card, I then tied ribbon round each corner and then stuck down this piece of card onto the main card.
I then embossed the main die onto a (nearly) 10cm x 10cm piece of blue card and then die-cut a full piece so that I could put this behind the embossed (cut out) piece of paper.  I then die-cut a white piece of card and die-cut a full piece so that I could put this behind the white card.  Once I had stuck these pieces down to where they were going, I added a blue crystal to the white die-cut and white pearls to the blue embossed pieces.  To finish of the card, I attached 9 smaller pearls down the left hand side of the card and a small sentiment in blue and white card, 'For You'.

This card didn't take all that long to make and it was a pleasure finishing it so that I could see what it looked like.







I hope that you like my 'quick make'.








3 comments:

Wendy L said...

Very pretty Jen lovely colour choice, xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, lovely card and use of dies. I tend to forget they can be used to emboss as well as cut. Another new tip.

Wilma x x x

NanaConnie said...

Marvelous card, Jen! I love all the soft blues and those die cuts are beautiful. Great work with the pearls.