Tuesday 6 August 2013

Heart Shaped Bezel

I am going to enter my heart shaped bezel into Craft my life: All Crafts Challenge August/September.  As always the theme is Anything Goes - But no cards.


Completed bezel with everything attached.  It takes about 24 hours for the material to dry completely, as otherwise it would be running about all over the place.

 ICE resin should be used in a well ventilated room and be sure to follow manufacturer's recommendations. The kit comes with mixing cups and sticks. Additionally you will need a paint brush, scissors, sponge and needles. Once you mix the resin and the hardener, you have got to use it within 30 minutes. Curing time is 24 hours at 72 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the room temperature.  Take equal quantities of hardener and resin in a mixing cup and mix them well. Then pour the resin slowly in to the frame of the jewelry piece making sure the frame is level. Use a needle to poke any bubbles. Then put the components on the resin and allow it to dry for 24 hours before using or wearing.


This is just to show a couple of the little parts that were put inside the bezel before it had the chance to dry.  I cut out a word that I like and it is inspiration, I also put in a little dragonfly, some pearls and some glitter.




This was something that was way out of my comfort zone, but I thought it was something that I really wanted to try and do.

Unfortunately, you cannot see the colouring of the inside of the heart 
due to the flash on the camera.  
I tried numerous ways in taking this picture, but was unable to 
show the colouring of the inside.  
It was a beautiful green/turquoise and I was really pleased with how it turned out.


  





9 comments:

Wendy L said...

So gorgeous Jen, hope you will do afew more,xxxx

Rosy Newlun said...

Jen, this is so breathtakingly beautiful! You are really zooming in your abilities - so proud of you!

Ita said...

Hi Jen this is stunning and very different,you always come up with great ideas,looking forward to seeing more like this.
Smiles
Ita

Unknown said...

Jen this is stunning thank you for joining us at Craft My life with our all art challenges hugs Txx (DT)

Christina Griffiths said...

This is gorgeous and looks really expensive ... now my birthday is ....
(joking)

May said...

WOW...This is Gorgeous, the design is amazing..Love it!! Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge... Hugs May x x x

Debbie Adams said...

This is really beautiful. I love the charms you used. :D Thanks for joining us at All Craft Challenge.
Deb :D

Andreja said...

Wow, what a beautiful creation you made! Your heart is soo cool :-))
Thanky you for join us st CraftMyLife!
Hugs, Andreja

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

These certainly are gorgeous. Congrats on your top 3 placement over Craft My Life with your stunning creations!