Saturday 4 May 2013

For Naomi

Hi everyone, I have just finished a couple of cards (both very similar though), the first one was for Naomi over at Creative Bug on the Loose She hasn't been too well of late and Lisa over at Decosse's Dynamite Doodles came up with the idea for all Naomi's friends to make her a get well card. I was more than happy to do this for Naomi, as she has been a great help with me designing and making my new blog and helping me out with various questions that I had for her regarding blogging. I am still in the learning process of this blogging 'lark', but I am getting there slowly but surely. Maybe one day, I will know what I need to know and stop asking loads of questions from different people. I would like to say thanks to Naomi, Lisa and Deb over at A Look Through My Eyes every one of these wonderful girls have given me so much help over quite a while and I am still asking them questions. I hope they will remain to stay with me, just in case I have other questions. lol Once again, thanks girls for all of your help, I couldn't have done it without any of you. Jen xxx


  This is the card that I did for Naomi. I tried out a different technique for this card which I saw over at Card Making Magic, this is a great site and is run by and looked after by Christina at Flowers, Ribbons and Pearls. I have learned so much from this website in the time that I have been 'visiting' lol. The cards that Christina makes are truly wonderful and she is such a great teacher, very patient and takes her time when explaining how to do things. This card was started off with one A4 sheet of paper, halved in two then cut in half. I then created another long piece of paper to fit across the top of the halved A4 paper (about 2 inches in size)this was to create a hinge to put at the top of both sides of the card. Before I attached both sides of the card together, I die cut one side with the trellis die and then attached both sides together with the little hinge piece of paper. Inside the card I covered over the hinge paper with another piece of card, so you wouldn't be able to see the workings of the card. On the outside of the card, I then positioned some flowers at the bottom left hand side, some coloured with blue Promarkers. I attached a ribbon across the top of the card and then tied a ribbon to put on the right hand side, the ribbon had a gem placed over the top, there was a crystal swirl put underneath the ribbon. I then added 2 silver stickers which said A Special Friend and Feel Better.

No comments: